Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
This trekking area is located about 30 kilometers toward the north of Kathmandu. Trekking along this unbeaten trail is a new experience for the trekkers experiencing the beauty of this mountain region with the culture of local people. You trek through Tamang villages with its life, culture and crafts which have remained untouched from the beginning of the settlement. The trekkers will receive hearty felicitation by the locals rich in their distinct costumes, architecture of their mountain houses and ancient monasteries. It offers you wilderness experience through beautiful landscapes of alpine terrain, flat meadows and rhododendron forests. During this trek you can enjoy the dramatic views of Langtang Lirung (7245m.), Langtang Kerung, Chimse Danda ridge crossed by Ganjala Pass (5122m.), Dorje Lakpa (6989m.), Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal, Paldor peak, Shringi Himal, Manaslu and Sanjen Himal ranges. In addition you find over 70 glaciers of varying sizes and high altitude lakes including Goshaikunda, Pravatikunda, Bhairavkunda and Dudhkunda. The trail starts either from Dhunche or Syabrubesi and passes through Goljung, Gatlang, Thuman, Timure, Briddim, Lama Hotel, Langtang valley and Kyangjin Gompa. Goljung, Gatlang and Langtang are traditional Tamang villages culminating cultural features. The visit to beautiful local Tamang monastery and the holy Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang adds exhilaration to your trekking.
Highlights of the TrekMagnificent view of Himalayas, Tamang villages and Monasteries, Chauri Kharka and flowers & fauna
Facts of the TripTour Region: Langtang Region.
Best season: September to November & Feb to June.
Transportation: By tourist bus / private.
Accommodation: Local Home / Lodge
Trekking style: Home Stay / Camping
Highest access of the trek: 3900 meters
Culture: Tamang, Sherpa
Attraction: Langtang valley, Buddhist monasteries, Local people life style, tamang culture, Tatopani (hot spring).
Himalayan sights: Langtang Lirung Himal, Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal.
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.