Gosainkunda Lake Trekking
Gosainkunda Lake lies in Langtang region. Gosainkunda, the holy lake has gained its reputation among both the Hindus and the Buddhists. The lake is visited every year by thousands of visitors during the full- moon night in August. Hindu mythology says- when the God churned the primordial ocean to produce elixir of eternal life, the poison was also produced along with the elixir. To save the universe from this poison, Lord Shiva drank it. Hence, the throat of Lord Shiva is still blue due to the effect of the poison. To cool down his burning throat, Lord Shiva struck his trident into the rock creating three springs which ultimately resulted in the formation of beautiful lakes. Finally, Lord Shiva drank the water of the lakes and got rid of the pain. Hence, in this process, the lake Goshaikunda was formed.
Highlights of the TrekMagnificent view of Himalayas, Tamang villages and Monasteries, Chauri Kharka and flowers & fauna
Facts of the TripTour Region: Langtang.
Best season: September to November & Feb to June.
Transportation: By tourist bus / private.
Accommodation: Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Trekking style: tea house / camping
Highest access of the trek: 4361 meters
Attraction: Goshaikunda, Monasteries, Local people
Himalayan sights: Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lhakpa
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.