Jumla Rara Lake Trekking
Rara Lake Trekking offers the best scenery on the north-western most side of Nepal. Within its confines lie the Rara national park, the smallest park in Nepal, where in turn the country's largest lake, the Rara Lake can be found (10.8 sq. km). Considered one of the finest parks in the world, Rara National Park abounds in coniferous forest and is the ideal habitat for the musk deer, Himalayan black bear and other faunae. The Danfe (Impeyan Pheasant) the national bird of Nepal, flies above while a variety of fish, the snow trout, inhabit the Rara lake. Adding charm to the region are its generally open-hearted and friendly people. The trek can begin in Jumla (over an hours flight from Kathmandu) or from the nearer Nepalgunj. Rara is a good destination point for trekking in the west. The trail is very much "off the beaten path" and affords glimpses of culture and scenery very different from those in the rest of the country. The centerpiece of the park is the biggest lake of Nepal. Along mountain paths and a series of picturesque villages, one reaches the magnificent banks of Rara lake. The park includes Trans- Himalayan valley with high ridges covered with forest and alpine pastures.
Highlights of the TrekUnsurpassed views of Rara Lake and mountain scenery, chance of spotting wildlife such as musk deer and black bear, ruins of the Malla dynasty’s old
Facts of the TripTrek Region : Western Nepal
Best Trekking Season : March - April, August - October
Transportation : By flight
Accommodation : Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Trek Grade : Difficult
Trekking style : Camping only
Altitude : Much of the route is above 3,000m
Culture : Chhetri, Magar
Attraction of the Trek: Rara Lake, Scenic views, Rara National Park, villages & life style.
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.