Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking
Kanchenjunga is the world’s third highest mountain and is situated in the north-eastern corner of Nepal, straddling the border with Sikkim. Kanchenjunga is not a single summit but a mountain massif consisting of five summits with several satellite peaks and glaciers. Until Nepal opened its borders to foreign visitors in the early 1950’s Kanchenjunga was probably the best recognised and most well known of all the Himalaya peaks as it could be clearly seen from Darjeeling, then part of the British regime. After the border control was relaxed, focus turned to the Annapurna and Everest regions and Kanchenjunga lost a bit of its appeal. Access became difficult from the east, the traditional starting point, as Sikkim then closed its border to foreign travellers. It was not until as late as 1988 that access to the north side of Kanchenjunga was relaxed and explorers, climbers and trekkers were able to fully appreciate the majestic beauty of this Himalayan giant. The area is home to a variety of endangered species; The snow leopard, musk deer, red panda, grey wolf and the Himalayan Black Bear. It is still a pristine environment and an area that every mountain lover should not only visit but take an active role in protecting its natural diversity.
Highlights of the TrekUnsurpassed views of Kanchenjunga and mountain scenery, chance of spotting wildlife such as musk deer and black bear, ruins of the Malla dynasty’s old
Facts of the TripTrek Region : Western Nepal
Best Trekking Season : March - April, August - October
Transportation : By flight
Accommodation : Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Trek Grade : Difficult
Trekking style : Camping only
Altitude : Much of the route is above 3,000m
Culture : Chhetri, Magar
Attraction of the Trek: Kanchenjunga , Scenic views, Kanchenjungha National Park, villages & life style.
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note: The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.