Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu Trekking
Langtang is a narrow valley that lies just south of the Tibetan border. It is sandwiched between the main Himalayan range to the north and a slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south. Langtang Lirung (7246m.) dominates the valley to the north; Gang Chhenpo (6388m.) and Naya Kangri (5846m.) lie to the south; and Dorje Lakpa (6966m.) protects the east end of the valley. The area was designated Nepal's first Himalayan national park in 1971.
Langtang has over 70 glaciers of varying sizes; the Langtang and Ganesh Himal mountain ranges. The three major areas are Langtang, Gosainkunda (a holy lake at 4300m) and Helambu, which is combined in many different ways to make treks from 7 to more than 16 days. Hence, the name –Lang in Tibetan means ‘yak’ and ‘tang’ means ‘to follow’. Yaks still live in the valley. Other remarkable places on this trip are Gosain Kunda (4610m.) and Helambu.
Gosainkunda is a sacred lake, which is very important for both Hindus and Buddhists. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit the lake during a full moon festival that is observed on August every year. Helambu valley is very famous for its natural beauty and wonderful climate with the superb views of the magnificent snow-covered mountains. The area covers typical highland Sherpa villages along with beautiful Rhododendron forests. This region extends from the north to Taramarang to the Gosainkund Lake and the lower Jugal Himal from the north. The valley is approached from Trishuli River Valley, north of Kathmandu.
Highlights of the TrekMagnificent panaroma of Himalayan ranges, Tamang villages and Monasteries, Chauri Kharka and flowers & fauna
Facts of the TripTour Region: Langtang.
Best season: September to November & Feb to June.
Transportation: By tourist bus / private.
Accommodation: Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Trekking style: tea house / camping
Highest access of the trek: 4300 meters)
Culture: Tamang, Sherpa
Attraction: Langtang valley, Monasteries, Local people
Himalayan sights: Langtang Himal
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.