Makalu Base Camp Trekking
This trek takes up deep into the eastern Himalayas, providing some of Nepal's most unseen and amazing scenery. Makalu Trekking is a culturally and environmentally diverse rgion and well worth a visit. This trek passes through the Makalu Barun National Park and ends at the Base Camp from which there are fantastic views of Everest, Makalu and Lhotse. Due to the altitude of this trek mountain sickness is a hazard and adverse weather conditions may limit or prevent further progress. The Makalu Base Camp Trek begins at Tumlingtar which has regular flight connections with Kathmandu.
Highlights of the TrekTrekking over high passes to the remote eastern valleys, Scenic Flight to Tumlingtar, Close-up views of the world’s highest mountain, Visit Arun Valley, Makalu Base Camp, Upper Barun valley, Makalu-Barun National Park, Continue beyond the Makalu Base Camp crossing 3 high passes.
Facts of the TripTrek Region : Makalu Region
Best Trekking Season : March – Aprin, October - November
Transportation : By flight
Accommodation : Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Trek Grade : Difficult
Trekking style : camping only
Altitude : Much of the route is above 3,000m
Culture : Limbu, Rai, Sherpa
Himalayan sights : Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Everest, Kumbhakarna
Attraction of the Trek: Close-up mountain views, beautiful villages, barun valley, makalu base camp, barun river, waterfalls, Rai and Limbu culture
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.