Mani Rimdu Festival Trekking
The Sherpas belong to the Nying-Mapa sect of Tibetan Buddhist which in itself is an outgrowth of the Manayana tradition. Guru Rimpoche (Padma-Sambhawa an Indian yogi) is regarded as the founder and spirtual leader of this old sect. Legend has it that he was born of a lotus in the middle of a lake. It is to Guru Rimpoche that the Prayers and maniwall inscriptions addressed as "OM MANI PADME HUM", Hail to the jewel of the lotus. Religious books recount that Guru Rimpoche was a powerful Magician and sorcerer. Sherpas celebrate many ceremonies in this region, including marriage ceremonies, Funerals, manning of a child, driving out evilspirits, obtaining Sonam (Merit) and other offerings to be made in the name of the local gods. Mani-Rimdu Festival, a very important festival to the Sherpas, falls on the full moon day of Tibetan ninety month (October/November/December). The three-day celebrations of Mani Rimdu follow the ten-day non-stop prayer sessions addressed to the patron deities - seeking “blessing for the good of all mainkind”. The protagonist of all is Guru Rimpoche, the founder of Vajrayan Buddism in Tibet. Masked Lamas of Khumbu region perform various religious rituals amidst dancing and singing. The first celebration of Mani-Rimdu at Monastery of Tengboche (Everest region) seems to have taken place some time in 1930s. It originated from Rongbukh Monastery in Tibet. Mani-Rimdu is a prayer ceremony where the Monks put on masks representing divine personages and perform ritual dances.The spectators of devotion come from many villages to gain Sonam (merit) from the head Lama's blessing and making corn and grain contributions to the Monk's community. Mani-Rimdu normally takes place every year in the month of November (full moon, it can be changed depending upon Tibetan Calender) and lasts for at-least for three days.This period coincides with the cessation of work in the village at the end of harvesting season. Mani-Rimdu is the only big social event that draws together large crowds from all villages in the Khumbu region.
Highlights of the TrekMagnificent view of Himalayas, Sherpa villages and Monasteries, sherpa culture, tibetan festival
Facts of the TripTour Region: Everest
Best season: September to December & Feb to May.
Transportation: By tourist bus / private.
Accommodation: Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Trekking style: tea house / camping
Highest access of the trek: 5600m
Culture: Sherpa, Bhotes & chhetree as well.
Himalayan sights: Everest, Amadablam, lotse, pumari etc.
Attraction: Close Mountain View, Sherpa , Mani Rimdu festival celebration.
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu Flight Ticket
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.
- Location:Mt. Moun Everest
- Grade:Extrme Challenging
- Ascent Route:South Normal Route
- Caravan Route:Lukla, Namche, Everest Base Camp
- Fly in/ Fly out:Lukla, Lukla
- Max Altitude:8848 m
- Trek Type:Tea House + Camping
- Group Size:3 To 17+