Tilicho Lake Trekking
Tilicho Lake is one of those places that have had next to mythic connotations. Many regard it as the highest lake in the world (5200m). It was for long almost totally closed save for a few climbers and expeditions, and since 1974, when Nixon changed the China policy, part of the area above Thini on the Jomosom side became a very off-limits military area. From the Manang side it was rarely if ever visited. The trekking path to Tilicho was “a figment of some ones fantasy” and the locals in Manang had little knowledge of the route too, and were often thought to be slightly unfriendly, as they were known for not being particularly keen on working as human beasts of burden for various expeditions that had passed. When asked to porter they had simply refused! Manang is no ordinary village. Its people are heavily involved in international trade, due to passport privileges granted in the past. The route goes along the Marshangdi River and Gorge through the remote valley of Manang also known as the district behind the Mountains, to crest the arid, windswept northern flank of Annapurna at the Thorong-La. The route then passes through the Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal). The trail goes through the must challenging pass “Moeso Kanta Pass” of Annapurna area to Jomsom.
Highlights of the TrekMagnificent view of Mt. Annapurna, Gangapurna, Fish tail, tilicho peak, , Tilicho Lake, Manang Village, thakali culture.
Facts of the TripTour Region: Annapurna Region.
Best season: September to December & Feb to May.
Transportation: By tourist bus / private.
Accommodation: Hotel, Resort & tea house /camping
Grade: moderate/ adventurous
Trekking style: tea house / camping
Highest access of the trek: 5450
Culture: Gurung, Magar, Thakali,
Himalayan sights: Annapurna and fishtail
Attraction: visit situated highest places lake in the world, close Mountain View.
Travel InsuranceMake sure to have both medical and evacuation insurance before coming to Nepal for Trekking. Insurance for the guide and supporters which we will arrange, Note: - B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner Note : The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, trail slides, and avalanches.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price Include :
- Pick & Drop to Airport / 1night hotel in Kathmandu as per our corresponding.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with Tour guide as per itinerary.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation in the mountain lodges or guesthouses in twin sharing bases during the trek.
- Experienced English speaking Government licenses holder trekking guide & Supporters (One supporter for Two People, weight must not be more than 25 KGS)
- Facility of food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Trekking permit/ National Park fees/ Conservation fees/ as per government requirement and TIMS Card ( new provision)
- Necessary all ground transportation by private tourist bus or car.
OUR SERVICES EXCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE TRIP:
Price does not include :
- Any meals in Kathmandu except breakfast, any alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, whisky etc), any cold drinks, juices), mineral waters, laundry bills, bar bills, communication bills, Tips for guide & porters
- Airfare domestic / international flights.
- Nepal entry and re-entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival of Kathmandu Airport (TIA).
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument any kind of personal expenses.
- Helicopter rescue charge incase if we needed.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu Flight ticket.
- Others then not mention above.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.